You haven’t filed tax returns for one or more tax periods, correct? Fortunately, with some additional information from you, I can help guide you from here.
But, before I get to my questions, here are some you might have:
- Will I go to jail for not filing returns?
- Will I go to jail for filing returns late?
- What penalties am I facing for not filing returns?
- What penalties am I facing for not filing returns on time?
- What can I do if I don’t have all the information I need to prepare the returns?
- What if I can’t afford to pay the tax due once the return is prepared and filed?
- How far back does the IRS go in asking for tax returns?
Please let me know if I have not addressed any of your questions or concerns.
Questions for You
Now I have some questions for you, so I can be of some help. .
- Are you talking about personal income tax returns or business income tax returns?
- Are you talking about payroll tax returns for a business?
- Are you talking about state sales and use tax returns?
- How many tax periods are you talking about?
- What tax periods (usually years but could be quarters for payroll taxes) are you talking about?
- Do you have the information to prepare the returns?
- Are the returns prepared but just not filed?
- What is the most recent communication you received from the IRS or the Virginia Department of Taxation? When did you receive it? If you responded to it, what was your response?
For more information, give us a call at (703) 968-8000 or order one of our FREE consumer guides!